Thursday, April 12, 2018

Reflexology and Cleaning products

So far this week I have had really good energy but this afternoon I hit a wall (no, Noah not literally).  So much information, detoxing the body, emotional baggage being unpacked..often.  It's an amazing experience and I appreciate everyone who is keeping my life at home together while I'm here.  Especially my husband.  My best friend, love of my life, leader of our family and wonderful father of my children.  I couldn't do this without his love and support. 

SO what all have I learned the last two days?  The more I learn about the human body the more amazed I am at God's creation.  I knew the bottom of feet had points that meant stuff but I had never had a reflexology treatment before so I had not seen it firsthand.  If you are not familiar with it, click on this link for more info.  Basically points on your feet are connected to every organ in your body.  A reflexology therapist can push on these points and determine if any of your organs could use some attention.  Certain areas of the foot can be pressed on to relieve sinuses, headaches, back and neck pain.  Super cool stuff.  If you have never had it done, highly recommend it!

Low down on cleaning products and recipes.  I hope I wrote them all down correctly:

Cleaning products - start making your own.  You are making your house sick with chemicals.  Ban all of these things: 

  • Bleach
  • All cleaning products that are not 7th Generation or Ecos
  • Candles that are not beeswax  (no perfume candles)
  • Spray air fresheners except Air Sense like this one
  • NO hand sanitizer ever again
  • Soaps or shampoos containing sodium chloride or sodium sulfate.
  • Deodorant with aluminum
  • Microwave - it's polluting your house with radiation...

7th Generation or Ecos is the best for cleaning products if you still want to buy them or you can make your own to save money.  I know there are many recipes out there that may be just as good.  This is just what we learned today 😃

Make your own lemon oil water (this is used in various recipes) - take a large mason jar and fill with filtered water and organic lemon rinds (after making your own lemon juice for recipes).  Let it sit (no lid) for 15 days.  Then take out the rinds and you have lemon vinegar.

All purpose cleaner = 1 part water + 1 part lemon vinegar + 2 TB 7th Gen dish soap in a spray bottle.  Use on anything but windows.
Window cleaner = 1/2 water + 1/2 distilled vinegar
Hand sanitizer = in small spray bottle use filtered water and 5 drops of Bug Free or Purify  essential oil blends (see links to order ingredients)  Just spray your hands and let dry.  Your bug free spray can act as a bug repellent for outside or inside your home.  You can use the oil to repel mosquito for you and your family.  Oil can be applied to the back of your dog's neck to repel bugs.  Not good for cats.
Toilet cleaning = splash of vinegar to the toilet + 1 TB baking soda and scrub
Carpet and upholstery cleaning = sprinkle borax and baking soda and leave for at least 20 minutes then vacuum.  Apply directly to stains and leave overnight then vacuum.  Safe if pets walk around on it. 
Refresh for mattress (also kills bed bugs) = sprinkle borax and baking soda and leave for at least 20 minutes then vacuum.
Laundry detergent = 1 c baking soda dissolved  in a little warm water and add to 1 gallon water + 1 c vinegar + 1 c. liquid soap (7th gen/Ecos).  Use the same cup from your old detergent and measure same amounts for loads

Shampoo and hand soap = 1/2 liquid Dr Bronners castile soap + 1/2 water
Deodorant = in small container mix 1/2 baking soda + 1/2 coconut oil (solid) and mix.  Apply to armpits and wipe off with wash cloth or paper towel.  Soft and Dry makes an aluminum free deodorant as well.

Veggie and Fruit wash - before you store in the fridge wash your fruit and veggies.  Fill a large pot of water and add 1c vinegar.  Dip the produce and dry.  There may be a different process for herbs.  You might have to dry completely then put in a cup of water like you would fresh cut flowers and set in fridge.

Random tip - open windows for 30 minutes a day to air it out.

I'm also learning about resolving conflict which is new for me.  I enjoy avoiding conflict at all costs.  Very cool insight...  I'll be sharing that another day.  Thank you all for checking in.  I hope I was able to help you keep your home and family safer.  I am sooo looking forward to making my own stuff when I get home..😑
 

2 comments:

  1. So thankful you are with us at LFI! Glad that you are learning some things you will be able to take back home with you! Enjoying everyday with you! And my appreciation also, for everyone that has made it possible for you to be here!!
    (Thank-you, Cliff!!!) Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foot Relief No.1 foot massage service providers in Chennai, who offers all form
    of massage therapy to reach up the soul from your feet to enhance your
    metabolism with our traditional reflexology services. https://footrelief.in/foot-massage-service/

    ReplyDelete