Sunday, April 8, 2018

Day 3 - better attitude, better results

I decided to take the positive road today.  I changed my mind.  Instead of "ugh" I said "thank you God for healing foods, thank you for the opportunity I have to learn more about the medicine you created naturally for us".  I started the minute I woke up.  Before downing the first wheat grass shot I thanked God for it's healing effects.  I looked at the Energy soup in my mug and thanked God for the rich nutrition we can get from the ground and heal our bodies.  My taste changed because my mindset was different.  Have you ever offered someone something you like but they weren't sure they would like it?  They have a scowl on their face and turn up their nose WHILE they are putting it in their mouth?  99% sure they didn't like it.  They made sure of that in their mind before it ever hit their tongue.  I know because I've done it myself!  If I approach it with a different mindset I might not completely like it but I can appreciate it.  Mind over body.

Part of what we learned today was Mindful Communications.  Changing the language we use.  Getting comfortable with our feelings/emotions.  I have a private session with Julie tomorrow so I'll likely have more tomorrow night but here's the gist:

1.  Make peace with the feeling.  Understand that emotions or feelings are messages from the body telling you what it needs.  If it's sadness be ok with the fact that you are sad.  That's a BIG one for me.  I don't like to be sad.  I will push stuff away that make me sad and move on.  I see that if I were to be comfortable with it, view it like the video I shared yesterday of the emotions driving around in the car and just be present with them, I won't be afraid to tend to it.  I always feel like I need to fix people.  My goal is to bring everyone to a level of happiness no matter what they are going through.  That's wrong of me.  Sometimes the person needs to feel sad, angry, depressed.  Their body is conveying a need.  Instead (after I figure it out) I can help them see the need so they can address it.

2.  Find the need behind the feeling.  For example, why are you feeling sad?  You need connection with others, you miss something that has been precious to you or maybe you don't know yet and you need to be present with the feeling for a while until you figure it out.

3.  Find a strategy or a request to someone to help you fill the need.  Same example, you need connection with others - call someone on the phone, ask a friend over for ..coff..(energy soup?), skype some family.  You miss something that has been precious to you - pray for God to help you let them go so you can find a new normal or find peace around the loss.  In asking for help though, you can not make demands.  No more making demands.  You do not want the other person to say yes if they don't really want to.  They have needs too and they are not responsible for filling your needs as you are not responsible for filling theirs.  Not in a selfish way, just in a protective way.  If someone needs something from you and you do not have a way to fill their need at the time, tell them you recognize and value their needs and either direct them to someone else who can fill it or make a time for them that allows you to protect your needs.

So much good stuff on this today.  There will be another day later in the week where we cover this so I will have more to share.

I kept a positive attitude and was positively happy to get home to my granny smith apples and berries.  Blueberries and carrots never tasted so sweet!  There's an older lady who came in on a cane the first day.  By the end of day 2 it was in the corner and she no longer needed it.  The cough I have had for months due to sinus drainage is almost completely gone.  That means I have the cure to Dad's cough which EVERYONE knows has plagued him for the good part of his life.  He will be so excited!!!  😀

Here are some photos from today:

Yes that's a hairnet.  I feel like the lunch lady.  Juicing wheat grass so I can have breakfast!

Wheat grass shots ready for the class!

Learned how to grow our own wheat grass!

The excitement is written all over our faces!  The foam from juicing wheat grass makes a wonderful healing mask.  These are sisters who traveled in from Canada.  Norma on my left said "wheat grass grows on you" 😃

The ingredients to the DELISH salad we had for lunch.  Finally some garlic!!!  I'm an Arceneaux ya know...

Maria teaching us how to sprout our own beans and peas.  Much easier than expected!

Yesterday's lesson on making our own vege kraut.  (Fermented cabbage)  MUCH better than expected!


1 comment:

  1. It's so exciting to see the changes you are making! What a Blessing to have you here with us! Here's to another amazing day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete