Monday, April 9, 2018

Day 4 - Toxins, exhausting toxins

Day 4 is coming to a close.  It was an overload of information and exposure to stuff that just blew my little mind!  I almost waited too late to write this.  Let's see if any of this makes sense.

So toxins... here goes:
1.  BPA - Do not buy bottles of water from the store - you don't know how long they have been in hot spaces leaching out the BPA into the water.  What is BPA?  Click on this link.
2.  BPS - You can't always trust BPA free stuff because it likely has BPS which is just as harmful.  Click on this link for more info.

What to do?  To be safe use glass containers to store and reheat food (of course I'm going to find out the microwave is bad too but that's another post).  Use glass water bottles for your water and filter your water to drink.  To make it alkaline, add a lemon wedge.  Otherwise it's acidic.  I'm sure I'll learn more on that this week.

More about toxins from the dentist:
1.  Mercury.  If your filling in your tooth is a silver color, it's made of mercury.  Therefore every time you eat food or grind your teeth you are leaching mercury into your body.  Uncool!  You can go to the website for IOAMT (The International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology) to learn more and find a Dentist in your area who is mercury-free.  There are 3 in Alabama and they are 2.5 hours from me.  Excellent.  If you have fillings with mercury and wish to change that you can have them removed and a different filling put in it's place that does not harm your body.  There are questions on the site that you can ask your dentist to make sure they can remove them safely.  Then after the last one is replaced there's a detox protocol that you follow for 6 months to a year afterwards.  It's aggravating that we are removing mercury from products and advising against some fish that are high in mercury yet we are still given fillings with mercury.  The dentists have to be convinced it's a problem and they don't.  You have to make the decision for yourself.  The idea of leaching mercury into my mouth does not appeal to me.  Guess I'll be taking some road trips...
2.  Fluoride - this one is of great confusion to me.  I've been told my teeth look great because I grew up in a city with fluoride in the water.  Then we are told to not give kids toothpaste with fluoride in case they swallow it but OH please give your kids fluoride water or tablets.  Exhausting.  Since I'm no dentist, I'm going to point you to the ones that know stuff...  Here's the link.  Again you can make the decision for yourself.  There are options for fluoride free products.  I have started using Tom's toothpaste which is fluoride free.  Found at most grocery stores.  Or I can make my own.  That's for another blog, and probably another level of hippiness.

And if that wasn't exhausting enough then we learn about EMF - your Electro Magnetic Field that is affected by only ALL OF OUR ELECTRONICS!!  We have all heard rumors that cell phones and such were harming us but who has time to do the research?  Now you don't have to.  I saw it for myself.  A holistic chiropractor named Kathryn Lawson proved with several students the affect the cell phone had on our bodies if it did not have an EMF shield protecting you.  She measured the strength and weakness of their arm raised in front of them.  If she could press down and move their arm it was a sign of weakness.  If she couldn't move it, it was a sign of strength.  If the arm was strong she would hand them the cell phone.  What happened?  The arm went weak.  She would apply the shield to the phone and the arm was strong again.  Some people complain of numbness in the arm they are holding their phone.  What to do?  Get a shield.  Not that expensive and then we don't have to worry about it anymore!

That would be nice because all this worrying is exhausting!  That's only about half of what I learned today.  I had a Mindful session with one of the instructors and it was eye opening.  I'm excited for the ways I will be able to lessen my load and make my life and my family life better.

We did have delicious food today and the energy soup has now grown on me.  I went in early so I could make the wheat grass shots and drink the soup.  I was on a mission to get something in my body.

This is the only pic I have for today.  It was our DELICIOUS lunch!  It was mixed greens, marinated veggie salad, another salad blend of tomato, cucumber, green onion and kale, THEN on top of that was carrots, sprouts and this amazing avocado dressing.  I have learned that putting spices on top of my salad is wonderful - try cumin, nutritional yeast, curry?  Whatever you like.  Then for dinner I found a raw restaurant that made this amazing kale salad where they only mixed in a bunch of spices and sun dried tomatoes then topped with avocado and tomatoes.  They stuff this in a wrap but I just ate it as a salad.  I was too excited to eat it and forgot to take a pic!  If you are ever in Atlanta you can check it out:  Tessilini's   Turns out there's a recipe online too!  My gift to you!  See you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment