Saturday, April 7, 2018

Day 2 Detox - the struggle is REAL

The struggle is real today, folks.  The day started out good - down 3 pounds - I'm good with that, a bit unexpected.  I slept a solid 8 and although I was hungry a couple hours after waking (normal) I wasn't hangry, important distinction.  Got to the clinic and was too hungry to wait on the wheatgrass shot to be prepared so I poured some delish energy soup.  Only I really didn't want it.  Felt a little nauseous thinking about it.  But I powered through.  I didn't say positive things to myself about it so the struggle continued through lunch.  Same salad for lunch, more energy soup, lots of water.  A few students said it gets better and you are "hooked" by day 4.  Ok.  One more day.  When the class was over I could not get home fast enough to eat my strawberries and green apple.  Ahhh finally food I really like!  Which is funny because I have never bought a granny smith apple on purpose unless it was for a recipe (likely apple pie - vegan, of course!)   Honestly I think it's the sprouts I'm having the hardest time with.  There's a taste to them I don't like.  Luckily I have done a cleanse before and I know your tastes change.  I braved Cracker Barrel and met my good friends Bob and Leigh Blakely.  We used to work together in Raleigh.  Jane said I could get the salad and drizzle a little olive oil and lemon juice for dressing.  I did just that and it was the best salad I've ever had.  See?  Tastes are changing already!

Now enough of my whining.  What am I actually learning?

There are 5 reasons we get sick therefore 5 areas of focus for healing (in order of importance):

1.  How you think.  The NUMBER ONE thing is NOT food?!  The way you think means more than the food?!  That means you can eat all the superfoods and drink all the potions and STILL not get better if you do not change how you think.  If you continue with negative self talk and continue saying words that don't serve your healing it will have a powerful affect.  The way we think can be changed.  I talked about it a little yesterday.  God wants us to think on the good things and when we get His spirit in our heart guiding us we can see that more clearly and it's what feels right to us. One book that was recommended which I have started but not finished is "Every Word has Power".  Worth checking out.  The part I have read so far is helpful.

2.  Emotional health and belief
What do you believe is going to happen when you do all these things that are supposed to heal you?  Do you believe it will heal you?  If you are doubting and fearful (fear and faith can't reside together) then it will hinder your healing.  Henry Ford said it best:  "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right".  I have seen that happen in my own life.  What you believe is powerful.  What about our emotions?  We get them every day, all day.  Sometimes they are overwhelming and wreck our day.  I like a video from the Headspace app that describes how to change perspective on our emotions.  Learn how to watch them without letting them take over.  View them rather than be them.  Here's the link to the video.  Our emotions are also tied to the story we tell ourselves.  A great podcast on this is by Rich Roll with Dr Susan David on Emotional Agility.  The story we tell ourselves can be based on beliefs we adopt as early as childhood.  For example, you can feel like you are unlovable because you father left your family when you were a child and you never saw him again.  That story bleeds into your adult life and you will sabotage all relationships because your subconscious is constantly seeking to confirm your belief.  Until you change the story - first realize what the story is, challenge it head on and deal with it - your life will have a predicted path.  I believe the love of God can come in and heal the wounded soul and can perform miracles in your heart and mind but the Devil will want to pull up old stories.  Those have to be challenged and dealt with.

3.  Stress and stress management
Did you know YOU stress your own self out?  Others can't do that.  They can apply stress to a situation but you choose how you respond.  You determine the outcome.  Take, for instance, road rage.  First of all, the other person can't hear you when you are yelling at them.  That's just toxic words for your vehicle, not theirs.  Showing mercy and forgiveness to the other driver will make you feel better and diffuse stress in you immediately.  What about when I get overwhelmed?  That seems to happen quite a bit.  I believe the root cause is my need to control everything.  I moved out on my own at 17.  I was always independent and wanted to take care of my own stuff.  Three younger brothers will make you feel that way.  It's just that now my "stuff" has expanded and it's too much.  I choose what else I take on.  I'll be working on that.  Enlightening though.

4.  Deficiencies and Toxicities
The list is long:  mold, metals, additives, chemicals, preservatives, fungus, yeast, inflammation, vitamin and mineral deficiencies.  All of these affect the health and well being of your body.  I will be learning more about this tomorrow, I think.  Detoxing the body is important from time to time.

5.  Nutrition
Finally!  Something I know something about!  Last on the list???  REALLY?  Really.  But it's still on the list.  It's still important.  Not just what we eat when we are healing but what we do NOT eat anymore.  The World Health Organization classifies processed meats as a Group 1 carcinogen.  That's up there with asbestos and tobacco.  Here's their Q&A for more details.  Here's a couple of videos on animal protein with cancer and cow's milk with osteoporosis.  We are just getting started...

We will be digging into each of these throughout the week so check back.  I will be "hooked" on energy soup by then and you will all be ready to join me!  😋😁

3 comments:

  1. Good stuff. I am looking forward to hearing more about detox. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I subscribe to this blog? Tech support please...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added a gadget to the front page. Let me know if it works for you. I'm new to this too :) I thought you were already subscribed.

      Delete