Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The day of battle

Day 6 on the cleansing transformation
Cravings came in like a flood.  Don't know what that's all about.  I figured I would have already fought this battle days ago.  All I really wanted was my dark chocolate and some Starbucks.  Really bad!  I was forced to try to figure out why these cravings were coming up.  Was it habit or was it anxiety of all that I have going on right now?

My two year old's birthday is this weekend and I did the unthinkable for someone of my expertise.  I ORDERED a birthday cake from a grocery store!  I used to own my own business making wedding and party cakes.  I have made all of my kid's birthday cakes but I knew that with my jobs and family coming to town I was never going to have enough time to make one.  I thought it would be no big deal and a true relief but I find that it's KILLING me.  So ok the cravings could have a little something to do with that... along with my jobs.  So what did I do?  I CAVED!

Just kidding, seeing if you were paying attention.  Instead I mixed up my um.. super yummy shake and drank it down.. quickly (as always).  Surprisingly enough it did the trick.  I stopped thinking about the chocolate and coffee.  My body was satisfied with the flood of nutrition and it perked me up.  That was quite the lesson learned.  If you do right by your body the mind follows suit.

3 more days to go.  I'm told I'll be a different person on day 10.   I believe everything I'm told...

No comments:

Post a Comment