Monday, June 9, 2014

10 day results and next steps

The results are in!  After 10 days of cleaning out the old bacteria and replacing it with the good stuff, breaking the unhealthy habits and food addictions I got to see what affect this had on my body that I can measure and I was pretty happy about it.  I lost 6.2 pounds and 10.5 inches!!!  The weight loss with other past customers was more impressive but 10.5 inches???  I'll take it!  And this is with no exercise unless you count vigorous house cleaning for 2 hours a couple of times.

So I'm ready to continue my journey to clean eating.  Today was the first day after the cleanse.  I found that I didn't want to do anything to lose the great, clean feeling I have.  It started with a breakfast smoothie filled with kale, coconut milk, coconut water, banana, mango, pineapple, avocado and mint.  Yes mint.  And you're right, it wasn't the best idea.  I was trying to get something similar to a really good Mango Mint smoothie I have had at a coffee house in Montevallo. Whatever.  Lunch was veggie soup and dinner was Ruby Tuesday salad bar with lots of veggies and oil and vinegar for dressing.  Threw in a purium shake in there between lunch and dinner as my snack just because I love the perk me up.  

Kicking up the exercise this week too.  I'm working with Serenity Oaks Wellness doing an online bootcamp.  Anything to hold me accountable as I believe that is a big part of this journey.  And this is a service I would love to provide to others so I look for this to be part of my journey later on.  This way I can share with others what Incredible Health looks like and maybe this blog will help share what the journey to get there looks like.  It's all very easy to duplicate so far.  There are other things I'm also doing to achieve Incredible Health.  I'm taking something to actually win the fight our body has on oxidative stress.  Oxidative stress is a result of free radical damage.  Free radicals are why you keep hearing about antioxidants and why antioxidant sales is now a 45 billion dollar industry.  This actually causes my body to make it's own antioxidant enzymes so I'm fighting 1 million free radicals per second every second of the day.  Eating antioxidants is not enough and people are realizing that.  I've been doing this for almost 2 years now and I attribute this to sleeping better and getting sick less often.  I know I'm giving my body an army to help fight anything that comes my way and that's very important to me.

For those of you who are in their 40s and old like me you might be getting knots in your back and wear and tear on the body.  Using a foam roller helps me release the tension in the back and leg muscles as well as yoga stretching before bed.  I also go see a MFR (myofacial release) therapist every week which helps TREMENDOUSLY with back and neck pain.  You can google it to find out if this is something of interest to you.  You can also get similar effects from using a ball from the toy store.  It has to be hard enough to not deflate when you put pressure on it.  Find the knot in your back and put the ball under your back and just let the muscle melt around it.  It will hurt at first and will take some time to get used to but when you do - you will be hooked!

So there's my nuggets for the day in celebration to my 10.5 inches lost :)  Oh yea, this isn't about weight loss...  More this week as we look into other topics like - to eat meat or not to eat meat!


No comments:

Post a Comment