Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mommy snuck out to the gym

That's what my son said when I got home yesterday morning from the gym.  I had snuck out at 6am to get my work out in before they got up.  I was dragging through the first part of the work out then something kicked in.  I don't know if it was my body finally saying "ok alright, I get what we are doing now" instead of "what are you doing out of bed at this hour??".  Got home, made my superfood smoothie with kale, carrot, strawberries, cherries, banana, avocado and coconut milk and about 15 minutes later I had more energy than I knew what to do with.  I seriously considered working in the yard!  That NEVER happens!!!  Too bad I had to go get my hair cut instead.  Oh well, maybe another day...

This morning I did the same thing only today I felt better.  The whole day I felt better.  I wasn't as hungry or tired as yesterday either.  I may be able to say I haven't felt this good in a really long time.  I might almost say ..ever!  I felt close to this doing the Jack and Jill blog but there again I was eating fruits and veggies and no processed foods.  Only this time there are no sweets, meat or wheat.  The cravings aren't as strong as they used to be.  Don't get me wrong.. I get cravings for a good juicy cheeseburger on occasion but I know it will ruin my feel good and I don't want to ruin my feel good.      I don't want to be labeled as a vegan although it would seem that is the direction I am heading.   Here is what I'm thinking:  if there are questions to the health of a food I want to analyze it before I decide it's ok to have on occasion or all the time.  And when I read in the news just this morning that women who eat red meat a lot are at a higher risk for breast cancer.. I gotta say it doesn't make me wanna run out and buy a cheeseburger.  So maybe I have found incredible health where I'm at but I feel there is more digging to do.  More time that needs to be put behind this experiment to see if I can actually LIVE this way for the rest of my life.  I believe the average person can, even those who do not consider themselves disciplined or consistent.

Just sneak out to the gym if need be and do what is necessary to keep the feel good and all is well with the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment