Sunday, June 1, 2014

Cleansing the Past

So the past is behind me.  You just read it all.  If you didn't, go back to the "Past and the purpose".  More of the past may trickle out in my future blogs as I continue to fight the urge to move back into my old story.  But the truth of the matter is that the past is just my story.  It's not my future and it's not what I'm destined to do.  It's not my excuse to do or be any less than I am capable of.

So to cleanse mind and body of my past I started a 10 day transformation cleanse from www.puriumcorp.com.  A girl I met through my business recommended it.  It's a 10 day cleansing process made up of non GMO and organic fruits and vegetables in the form of shakes.  I trust her judgement and wanted to detox my body and reset my metabolism and break myself of the food addictions.  It was going to either be this system or juicing my own fruits and vegetables.  Because I don't love cleaning out the juicer 5 times a day and the produce can get expensive, I decided this approach.  Here are the results so far:

Day 1 - I started on a Friday.  Made Friday feel like a Monday.
Since I can eat flex foods three times a day (raw fruits and vegetables as well as some cooked vegetables) I get to still experience the crunch of food.  Last time I juiced I missed that.  It was like I never ate because it was all drinking.  I have to admit the shakes were painful to drink.  I suffered through them and the fiber drink was a little worse.  The night time drink was really good though.  I called my friend and asked how I could make it better and she said I could substitute a few ounces of Coconut milk.
I can't say I felt bad at all my first day.  I never felt hungry.  Whenever the hunger pain would strike I would look at my schedule and it was time to eat or drink anyway.  Some of the habits I had would gnaw at me but I had a greater purpose and the craving wasn't stronger than my why.  Even went out with friends where there was food AND ice cream and did fine.  It helps to not be hungry...

Day 2 - Saturday
The Coconut milk did the trick!  The shakes are now drinkable!  I understand how the body works and I know that at some point I will be craving this drink although it seems a little hard to imagine right now.  Drinking lots of water seems to be key and my body craves it which helps.  My energy level was good all day and I didn't really feel any slumps that are typical for a Saturday.

Day 3 - Sunday
I'm feeling really good now.  And feeling this way on a Sunday is very noticeable for me.  You see, the habits we have had that have been damaging our success is this:  Plan the week, make our meals, choose good meals for the week including a salad for lunch and some kind of vegan type dish for dinner and always start the day with a super food smoothie that includes kale, frozen fruit, coconut milk and water along with carrots, apple and all the good for you seeds:  chia, hemp and flaxseed.  Then when the weekend comes it gets progressively worse.  By Sunday I'm feeling the effects of the bad choices and want to go back to bed.  THEN comes dinner at church where we have some good choices and some really unhealthy ones.  After a mix of both I come home feeling light headed from the sugary sweet dessert and bloated from everything else.  But not today - today I feel GREAT!  It was a little hard to not eat all the foods I wanted to today but wow the outcome may just be worth it!

And there seems to be a little more clarity in my thinking.  More to come as I continue my transformation the next 7 days.

Thanks for tuning in!

No comments:

Post a Comment