Thursday, April 9, 2020

Ceasar dressing *unprocessed, dairy free

I LOVE caesar dressing, not just because it's delicious, but because caesar salads are covered in dressing.  I haven't been able to enjoy it in a while because I don't want the high fat, dairy options that are out there and a lot of the vegan options used vegan mayonnaise, which I have and use very sparingly on sandwiches but it's so high in fat that I try to limit my use.  So, when I found this recipe in the Straight Up Food cookbook I got super excited!  I have tweaked it a little because I do that.  I am my mother's daughter after all..  So, here is my version 😋  Still unprocessed and you can feel good about loading the salad!

Caesar Dressing
*adapted from Straight Up Food Cookbook
Makes 1 cup

1/2 c water
1/2 c raw, unsalted cashews
2 TB lemon juice
2 TB mustard (dijon or stone ground)
1 date
1/2 prune (or in place of date and prune you can use 1 TB raisins)
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp ilalian herb seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder

Place all the dressing ingredients into a blender and set aside for 15 minutes (so cashews can soften, but you can bypass this step if you have a high speed blender like vitamix).  Blend until smooth.

*Nut free option - replace cashews with 3/4 c cooked (or canned) white beans.



No comments:

Post a Comment