Saturday, April 22, 2017

Plant based Transformation from New Zealand



I love a good transformation story!  Kathryn McLean joined the Journey to Incredible Health group on facebook at the start of the year.  I had already started the first challenge that would last 3 months.  She knew she was late getting in but wanted to join so she started at the end of the first week.  The pictures above are her before and after pictures.  She doesn't enjoy getting her picture taken so it was difficult to get a before and after but I like it.  Her story and results:

She's a 56 year old mother and grandmother living in New Zealand.  She, like most of us, has had an unhealthy relationship with food.  She had some success with Weight Watchers and enjoyed the weekly support but didn't like the fact that she could still eat unhealthy.  She wanted more structure.  She wanted freedom from her emotional eating.  She wanted to look at food to nourish her body and not punish it.  With the full support of her husband she started the challenge eating only potatoes for the first few weeks.  She turned off her cravings and lost weight.  She started adding in plants, beans and whole grains.  She started meditating to work through her emotions rather than turn to food.  Here was her testimony at the close of the challenge (March 29) ((as of today she has lost a total of 26 pounds)):
This challenge has taught me many things
Some are
To stop and listen to my body
To slow down.... to meditate
To eat mindfully
To eat to nourish not feed my emotions
Among so many more.
So as I head off to work....my long 12 hour day of the week
I weighed in
8 kilos...(17 pound) I think ))gone since I took proper notes on the 4th Feb!
And not even DIETING, no counting calories
Just filling my body with nourishing plant based food
I praise the day I came across your blog Denise Robuck Arceneaux😀
I can't thank you enough.

I love being a part of her journey.  She did all the work and I applaud her efforts.  She has changed her life and she feels GREAT!

I would love to do this for YOU!  I'm starting another challenge Monday 4/24 called "28 days to Plant Based".  We are going to not only transform your diet but knock out some fitness goals and learn to deal with emotional ties to unhealthy food.  This is NOT a weight loss challenge although you should see some change.  The point is to focus on how you feel because there is a guarantee that if you make these changes you will FEEL the change.  The weight will come off in time but it has to start in your head and if you don't address what is going on in your head you will never see lasting change.

So search groups for "Journey to Incredible Health" on Facebook.  Ask to join the group and comment on the CHALLENGE introduction post and tell us you are ready to feel better next week!!!  What do you have to lose??  It is working for Kathryn and many others and it can work for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment