Saturday, April 9, 2016

Week 1 Results as a Raw Foodie

We are coming to a close of day 6.  I recorded my results on day 5 because for some reason weighing in seems to be what you do on Friday.  I'll get to that in a minute.

How does it feel?  Is it feasible for the average person to do this daily and what have we learned?  My goal is to help you learn from our mistakes should you wish to follow suit.

It feels great most of the time.  The morning juices give me good energy and I almost make it to lunch time.  I carry a banana with me at all times just in case.  I'm thinking this will get easier in the coming weeks as my body adjusts.  I had been used to eating a little every 3 hours so I'm getting acclimated.  I find that when I do get hungry it's just hunger pains that, if ignored, go away and I feel fine again.  So the symptoms are not faint headed and irritability like they used to be, which is good..for all around me.  There are times I feel a little light headed about 30 minutes after some of the smoothies.  And after the 9 clementines.  Some wondered about the acid in the oranges hitting my stomach and that turned out not to be a problem.  I'm thinking I will change up the mono meal choice of fruit/veggie to less acidic.

Feasibility?  I'm still working on making this easier.  So far I send ALOT of time in the kitchen chopping, juicing, blending and more chopping.  The evenings are too hectic most week nights so I need to have things done ahead of time.  That is my goal for next week's meals.  Otherwise I'm cleaning the kitchen until 10 and that is not good...for all around me.  

All of the juices and smoothies have been very yummy.  All recipes are taken from "The Fully Raw Diet" book.  I have learned that the key to a good salad is a great dressing.  THEN I can force down the many many cups of veggies.  I'm even getting used to stretching my stomach for the bigger salads.  It doesn't stay full long and the amount of food holds me until the next meal.  We tried the Mango Gazpacho soup today to change things up.  It's a blend of mango, red bell pepper and green onions topped with chopped cherry tomatoes and cilantro.  I cringed at the first bite praying that it would taste good.  I didn't throw up.  Woohoo!  I was so hungry that I think a piece of plywood would have been delicious.  So the soup started out really good.  Then I wasn't hungry anymore and I had half a bowl to finish.  It got really hard at the end.  I'm sure in a couple of weeks when my tastes have adjusted this will all taste great.  I'm already starting to crave a "beet juice" so there's hope.

The cool news is that the bacteria in my gut is changing and the good bacteria in our gut LOVES plants.  The bacteria in our gut directs our cravings.  When we eat crap we crave more crap.  When we eat good food our body craves good food.  It's all in the gut.  It's only mental if you emotionally tie yourself to the food.  And let's face it.  We all tie at least a few emotions to our food.  We have the special meals we get at various celebrations in our lives..but does that have to happen daily?  This challenge has been the best way for me to break the cycle and change my cravings.  It's not the easiest thing but if I want things to change I have to be willing to sacrifice.  

So what were the results?  I'm weighing in on Fridays and recording my measurements every other week.  Here are the first week results:

From Monday morning - Friday morning:
Weight loss 4.4 pounds 
Inches lost 5.5
Not bad for 4 days...

Cliff lost 10 pounds.  Yea he's a guy, what are you gonna do?  Happy for him.  He's happy, I'm happy.  I feel less "puffy" and cleaner.  Yes my digestive system is getting a good cleansing so I know that is part of the reason but my mind feels sharper.  The energy level is getting better (as long as I don't wake up from a nightmare at 4:30 like I did this morning..)  Yes, on a saturday.

Tune in next week as we hit week 2!  Don't forget to follow us on snapchat, facebook and instagram.  Great pics :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment